Friday, December 4, 2009

What is your favorite lip balm or chap stick?

I'm looking just for something that moisturizes and makes my lips softer...





Smells good too maybe.What is your favorite lip balm or chap stick?
Hi, I'm a makeup artist at Sephora. I use Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15. It blends oils and waxes together with real sugar for delectable and dependable moisture with maximum sun protection. Sweet and tart blackcurrant oil cushions the lips with essential plumping fatty acids, while antioxidant grape seed polyphenols and vitamins A, C, and E provide extra protection.





Here's a link:





http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?鈥?/a>





My roommate uses Tarte FRXtion. It is a sugar-based lip exfoliant and lip balm stick. One side of this stick contains brown sugar grains to scrub your pout smooth, and the other side, a vitamin E balm to help soothe dryness.





Here's a link:





http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?鈥?/a>





Hope this helps! They both smell like sugar and vanilla too, yummy! =)What is your favorite lip balm or chap stick?
I think the best lip balm out there is ChapStick Medicated. It works well, and has a somewhat pleasing smell (although some don't like it).





If your going for smell over softer lips, then the BEST is:


LiPflavors - Wintergreen.





Its the best. It smells like that first 5 seconds of a Wintergreen TicTac, but keeps smelling like that throughout, whereas the TicTac looses that yummy flavor. Its got the combination of vanilla, a hint of coconut, and a bit of mint too, but vanilla strongest. Its my favorite, and best smell I think.





The bummer is that LiPflavors brand is tough to find (used to find it at Walgreens, but in past year, I've only seen it at a kiosk in the mall).
Here are the best brands:





Burt's Bees (smells good and VERY good for lips, found just about anywhere, including grocery stores)





Fruit Smoothies (not as good for your lips as Burt's Bees, but they come in 4 AWESOME flavors, can be found at Harris Teeter)





Just the generic Chapstick brand, i love cherry flavor!
I was a nutrition buyer at whole foods for 10 years - so lets just say that I have gotten over a shoebox full of lip balm samples from sales reps over the years - and quite frankly, I've become a lip balm snob....





here are my favorites





Mode De Vie Karite Shea Butter Lip Balm - Vanilla Flavored. A heavier textured balm that is good in winter/wind or if you dont like to reapply it often - not waxy though





Weleda Lip Balm - pretty much same as the above, but its actually Rose flavored - which is a turn off to some folks, but I like it on occasion.





Brigit Organics Honey Lip balm - lighter, but moisturizing and not waxy at all. Stays on a reasonable time, softens flakes and heals cracks.
Rosebuds, I bought it from Peter Alexander's shop (he is the guy who designs pijamas). Another one I like is one teaspoon, in strawberry, it gives a shine without being sticky and it smells good 2!!!
I go smackers for lipsmakers.


- definately wild about strawberry


i go ape over grape, bubblegum is so yum, watermelon's fun...





Sorry, I couldn't help myself!
I am absolutely crazy over Chapstick's Peppermint flavor. I have 3 tubes.


It smells good.


Tastes good.


Long Lasting


Gives a cool minty feeling.


Cheap.
California Tan makes an AWESOME lip balm. It's got SPF in it, it's very softening and moisturizing, and smells delicious!





I order it by the dozen, so I never run out!
Alpha keri lip balm w/spf 30+ %26amp; water resistant for 2 hours - also protects dry lips n moisturzes - its smells n somewhat taste good 2... u can get it from most chemists,.. :)xx
Burts Bees has the best lip balm.


Bath %26amp; Body has big selection of flavored lip balms %26amp; I love shopping in their store!!


Vaseline is cheapest to use, just apply some during the day to keep you lips soft.
OMG!!!!! definatly ROSEBUD!!!!! you can get it at sephora it really heals lips and smells like strawberries!!!!!!!








Hope this helps!!!!
one of those vitamin E sticks is good for your lips-you can buy at a drug store


Jamba Juice has this orange dream machine chap stick I like. It smells really good
I'm going with the majority...I absolutely love Burt's Bees and cherry ChapStick!! They're both great quality and you can never get sick of the flavors.
I used to wear burts bees but my bf hated kissing me when I wore it cause he hated the taste and smell lol, so I now I wear cherry ';chapstick';
doesn't smell like berry's or anything but carmex is my favorite, give lips that fresh tingling cool feeling.
Cherry Chapstick. Works if you're a guy or a girl. Absolutely.
Burt's Bees either regular or pomegranate. AMAZING!
Burts Bees Wax for sure and there are different types for everyone to. I prefer the original one .
Nivea strawberry kisses is great!!
Blistex!
Nivea
burt's bees. made of all natural ingredients so it won't moisturize your lips, then dry them out again.
Blistex herbal answer smells sooooo good I have been using it for years
I forgot the brand name, but it is coconut flavour
burt's beeswax and softlips in vanilla
Burts bees with pomegranate oil.





I looooove it
swiss cheese.
the one sold in Gap
burt's bees!
burt's beez
  • antivirus download
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin moles