Sunday, December 13, 2009

Better lip balms for very chapped lips?

I have terribly chapped lips all the time. I need a lip chap that makes them look better and actually helps the problem. One must is that it sinks in quickly because I have a touch of trichotillomania (i touch, pick at, bite, and lick my lips way too much). Also, if you're going to lecture me on the bad habits, please don't. I'm much better able to stop the bad habits when my lips are smooth--it's just hard to get them that way.





These are the best brands I've tried lately:


-Burt's Bees (everything they have)--It makes them look better and feel better and protects well but it comes off too fast, is sticky, and doesn't seem to actually helps


-Bare Escentuals--see above and it comes off even faster than Burt's Bees


-Prescriptives--Overpriced and does nothing for me


-CO Bigelow Mentha Lip ...-if i can keep it on my lips for more than an hr it works, but it's sticky


-Exuviance Multi Protective-Not sticky and protects (I especially like that it has quality sunscreen cause it helps keep things from getting worse), but doesn't actually seem to help the problem improve and even if it stays on, it stops working after like an hr





PLEASE HELP!Better lip balms for very chapped lips?
I use carmex every night before bed. It works amazingly and is about $1 a tube. It tastes a little foul, but that's why I use it while I'm sleeping.Better lip balms for very chapped lips?
You can try this thing from Mary Kay that my Cousin told me about. I tried it and wouldn't use anything else. The product looks a little different but from reading it, I think it's the same thing. Just scrub your lips with one then apply the lip balm after..
you could try carmax, vaseline, neutrogena, etc. I use the Co Bigelow the most though. Vaseline and Carmax dry pretty fast and not very sticky...
Hi there,





I have answered a similar question like your recently so below i am going to share the same info with you.








Dry/Chapped lips are most common amongst those that are lacking in certain vitamins, poor diet or lack of water. Key is staying hydrated by consuming adequate amounts of water and aiming for a balanced diet rich in fresh fruits and veggies. The weather (cold or dry air) can also contribute to chapped but can be kept under control by using a good Organic Lip Balm like this one.


http://greengirlorganics.mionegroup.com/鈥?/a>





I swear by this protective balm which i practically sleep with. It contains shea butter, avocado and sunflower oils which works in conjunction to soften and smooth rough, chapped lips while scented with divine organic orange and vanilla.





Again water or fluids keep the body in a moist state to ultimately promote soft and supple skin.


Avoid wetting lips with you tongue in hopes of fixing the problem -- it only makes it worst by darkening the skin color of your lips and it becomes even drier.


Keep re-applying the Organic Balm as needed and apply under lipstick if you wear the latter.


Avoid peeling the dead off of dry lips but instead keep up with the Organic Balm until the unwanted skin comes off on it's own.





Choose Lipsticks that adds moisture like these ones -- avoid matte formulas.


http://greengirlorganics.mionegroup.com/鈥?/a>





For a home remedy, apply a mixture of a few drops of glycerin and pure honey and let sit for about 20 minute before wiping off. They are both a natural humectact and moisturizer and will aid significantly .





Hope this helps!
i know about the lip balms you want, they are just not coming to my head!


well, i use the mac tinted which probably isn't good for dry lips


you could try blistex


nivea


i like lip smackers again not the best for dry lips


i also like body shop ones they smell great! and they stay on for aaaaages


get like a nourishing cocoa butter one, they work quite well


maybe look in magazines for recommendations that have been tried and tested?


i just looked through my own collection


i have this really good one that works really well, it is...


mentholatum


softlips


vitamin enriched lip conditioner spf 20


trust me, it works


they are quite thin sticks that they come in


i got the vitamin one and the mint one which i really liked till i lost it...


:S


it says you can buy them from boots


hope it helped XD


good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles