Friday, December 11, 2009

I am addicted to chap stick, lip balm, etc. What now?

I will start to panic if I don't have some on my lips and my lips HURT if I don't have anything on them. Is their something that I can do to ease me off of my addiction, a clinic, a 12 step program, something....Please don't tell me that I am weird...I already know that.....I am addicted to chap stick, lip balm, etc. What now?
Yes, it is addictive. It's kinda like nasal spray, if you use it too much, you can't function without it. The only way to stop comfortably is to replace it with something more natural like butter, or liquid vitamin E for instance, that doesn't strip your lips of their natural oils. once you can go a few days without chap stick stop using products on your lips!I am addicted to chap stick, lip balm, etc. What now?
Hey, my car won't start unless I have lipgloss on! Report Abuse

No you are not weird.Its just you are addicted to it.Slowly slowly stop using it and try n see what happens
Nope your not weird, I can say the same thing, have 'um all over my house in my purse, in my coat pockets, it bothers me to have dry lips.





In the winter I chap easy and in the summer I burn easy.





Sorry I have no 12 step program to send you to, but I do have a bit of advise, go with it, do what I do go to the dollar store buy a few a time and put one in every place you'll know you need it, I have one sitting by the computer.
it's all in ur head try chewing gum
When you feel the need to use lip balm.....go suck on a Popsicle instead, or something, that way your lips are in use and it will take your mind off of your problem.
Get some Burt's Bees Lip Balm. It is beeswax-based and very good. Carmex dries them out even more, causing 'addiction'.
I think u r just the type that likes to keep your lips in tip top shape. theres nothing wrong with that. some people care less
Yeah..... there's a 12-step ChapStick program! And the famous Mayo Lip Balm Clinic.


I didn't know that lip balms were addictive. Soft lips are harmful to your health?


Your panic thing is mental, not physical. You need to treat the real problem.


If you don't want to use lip balm, then don't use it as often as you are. If your lips HURT, then use it. I don't think you're going to die or anything.
try and put butter on your lips instead of chaps . lol it might stop your addictions .
Well, if it is really an addiction, then you should get off of it like any other addiction and that is just stop using it no matter how much your lips hurt or how crazy you go, just stop it.


Or you can try getting into another addiction to ease the chap stick thing.





good luck.
Use Marykay





Satin Lips庐 Lip Mask


Satin Lips庐 Lip Mask contains miniature buffing beads that gently exfoliate dead surface skin cells that cause lips to appear dull and lifeless.





and





Satin Lips庐 Lip Balm


Satin Lips庐 Lip Balm helps moisturize dry, rough lips. Clinical results show that a single application of Lip Balm moisturizes lips for at least six hours.





these make your lips feel silky smooth
I have the same problem....it's like crack, I've got to have chapstick or lip gloss at all times. I guess we are both weird
Welcome to the world of addiction to make-up! I am addicted to lip gloss and if I don't put any, I feel my lips are super dry. So its normal.
no need to seek help just remember that chap stick and lipstick and gloss are made out of pig fat and whale blubber..... *YUCK* how else would it slide on so easily!


The ingredients of modern cosmetics may also surprise those who use them: Lipstick, for example, can contain the shimmery substance of fish scales called ';pearl essence';. Pearl essence is obtained primarily from herring and is one of many by-products of large-scale commercial fish processing.
no its fine to wear it everyday you are not weird your new nickname though is napolean dynamite. lol





p.s. i used to have the same problem just keep is in your pocket untill you really need it
try Palmolive aluvera cream. it is not greecy and very effective
LOL, It is addictive isn't it!!?? Maybe you are deyhydrated and yo need the chapstick all the time? Try drinking more water then your lips will be softer naturally instead of always having to apply lip balm. That or try and and find a CA meeting (chapstick anonoymous ;)
if it's weird to be addicted to chap stick, lip balm, lip gloss, vaseline lip therapy, etc., etc., etc., then count me in.





people may think it annoying, applying balm all the time, i don't bloody care! it pays to have a nice, soft, kissable smackers!





and one thing: if you admit that you have addiction, then it's not a problem anymore
For goodness sake, you need to kick that chap-stick habit! I had a friend who was horribly addicted to the stuff- she used it so often that she eventually had to wear it on a string around her neck. My suggestion is to go cold turkey but make sure you drink enough water to prevent dehydration. Cure the cracked-lip problem at it's source!
I have the same problem, I go nuts if I don't have chap stick, I used to be the same way with gum though it was like a cigarette addiction for me but I think that was because of the aspartame and phenylkurit...stuff in it, it's totally bad for you!! so I had to wean myself off of it or go to a natural food store and find gum that didnt have that in it. I don't think the chap stick thing is that bad of a problem, but try petroleum jelly (vaseline) instead, that works pretty good :)
  • antivirus download
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin moles