Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Is it bad to use Carmex lip balm?

i just bought a tube of strawberry Carmex lip balm, and then later on the internet I read that it actually dries out your lips because of the salicylic acid (for drying out cold sores, the original purpose of Carmex)...





Should I still use it?Is it bad to use Carmex lip balm?
I think salicylic acid is also used as a type of exfoliator, removing a thin layer of skin (I have a palmers mosituriser with salicylic acid lol) So I think the purpose of having it in carmex lipbalm is to remove a thin top layer of skin from your lips, leaving you with the softer skin underneath, just try it out and see how it works for you, hope this helps :)Is it bad to use Carmex lip balm?
OMG, I' am addicted to Carmex. Its not because I have chapped lips, but its just a habit. It makes my lips soft. I have been using for years now. No problem, but the thing is ..like every 10 minutes if I don't put it on I start licking my lips, then it leads to burning on my lips. But yea I don't think its bad.
You're right... several of the ingredients will cause your lips to dry out more, making you apply the Carmex more often. I was 'addicted' to it too, for a long time.


I switched to Avon's lip conditioner and plumper, topped with lip gloss. Now my lips feel soft and moist for a lot longer.
I use the regular carmex and I have been for 3 years. It takes away my chapped lips and they are soft to this day. Maybe it is different for everyone...?
i heard the same thing, so i stopped using it and i did notice a difference. my lips were not as dry and chapped. you should stop using it.
No


i use it and lipsn are fine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles