Saturday, June 26, 2010

Carmex lips balm for 10 months old in 30 and under temp out...chapped/cracked lips?

I had taken a little Carmex lip balm for my son's (10 months) lips, since we take the bus and it is under 30 degrees outside when we leave the house and since his lips got chapped and bled some a couple weeks ago, but my bf (the father) said I should not do that and he doesn't need that. Is it bad to put some on his lips before we head out?





I just don't want his lips to dry out again and crack and bled again.Carmex lips balm for 10 months old in 30 and under temp out...chapped/cracked lips?
He will be fine...I did it to my lil guy when he started getting chapped lips a few months ago..I had hospital lip balm..pretty much a stick of vaseline..lol..and it worked..to make bf happy..get some unscented no flavor chapstick..Carmex lips balm for 10 months old in 30 and under temp out...chapped/cracked lips?
All carmex is is vaseline, unless he knows something that we don't about when you should put it on he should be fine, vaseline wont hurt him.
As long as it's not the medicated stuff, should be fine. Or if it's just a preventative measure why not use plain Vaseline?it works just as well.
The only thing I think is Carmex (awesome stuff, btw) is really mentholated feeling on the lips. It is really ';stong'; feeling...it it may irritate a little one.





We are in super cold weather here too, and when Mag's lips (5.5 mo.) looked chapped I put a little petroleum jelly on hers.





If he didn't act like it bothered him, then I wouldn't be too worried.
I would say it's fine if the label says 6 months +. If dad's still upset, why not try vaseline? Your son may not need the medication in the Carmex -- just the lubrication to moisturize and prevent them from getting chapped again. Vaseline will do this.
I'm not a doc but I'd think that any of the nipple balms marked as safe for breastfeeding (it'll say ';no need to wipe off';) should also be safe to put on his lips.
I don't think it will hurt him if not used to often but carmex has some other ingredients in it that he could become alergic too.. I used vaseline or maybe just plain old chapstick?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles